Top Essay Writers
We carefully choose the most exceptional writers to become part of our team, each with specialized knowledge in particular subject areas and a background in academic research writing.
Posted: February 9th, 2023
Assignment is to watch a documentary and answer 4 questions, length is 3 pages long, APA format. Title page, abstract, and references are not included in the required page count. Use APA format and clearly identify questions being addressed. This is for a Master’s level course so please feel free to let me know if its not something you can do. The documentary link is https://www.pbs.org/video/slavery-another-name-slavery-video/ You can pick any 4 questions out the 10 in the attachment.
Critical Thinking Discussion Questions for “Slavery by another Name”:
by is it important to document hidden histories.
2. Why are certain histories hidden or difficult to uncover? 3. What new insights did you gain after watching this documentary? 4. To what extent do you think a person’s racist attitudes and behaviors can be forgiven due to the “norm” of their surrounding culture? 5. In what ways, if any, are we responsible for our ancestor’s actions? Is it fair to hold individuals accountable for things their ancestors did? 6. How have the dynamics of relationships between black people and white people changed since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960’s? 7. Blackmon asserts that real slavery didn’t end until the 1940’s. In what ways is this statement true? What forms of modern slavery exist today? 8. How does the history represented in the documentary help us understand present conditions for people of color today? How can knowing history empower people today? 9. What current events do you believe should be documented, so that they are not hidden from future generations? Why? 10. After viewing the documentary, do you believe that racism is inherent or taught? Explain.
Response to questions 2, 4, 7, and 10:
– Why are certain histories hidden or difficult to uncover?
Certain histories are hidden or difficult to uncover because they often involve issues that are sensitive or controversial. In the case of slavery in the United States, for example, the topic has been shrouded in secrecy for many years due to the stigma associated with it. Additionally, many records related to slavery were deliberately destroyed or lost, making it more difficult to uncover the truth about the past.
– To what extent do you think a person’s racist attitudes and behaviors can be forgiven due to the “norm” of their surrounding culture?
A person’s racist attitudes and behaviors can be influenced by their culture, but it is not an excuse for such attitudes or behaviors. Culture can provide a context for understanding and may explain why someone may have certain beliefs, but it does not excuse discriminatory or harmful actions. It is important to acknowledge the cultural influences and to work towards creating a more inclusive and equitable society.
– Blackmon asserts that real slavery didn’t end until the 1940’s. In what ways is this statement true? What forms of modern slavery exist today?
This statement is true in that slavery in the United States did not truly end until the 1940s. After the Civil War, many African Americans were forced into a form of slavery known as “peonage,” in which they were effectively forced to work for their former owners. This form of slavery persisted until the 1940s, long after the formal abolition of slavery. Today, modern forms of slavery exist in the form of human trafficking and forced labor, in which individuals are forced to work against their will for little or no pay.
– After viewing the documentary, do you believe that racism is inherent or taught? Explain.
After viewing the documentary, I believe that racism is both inherent and taught. Racism can be innate in the sense that people may have biases and prejudices that are rooted in cultural and social norms. At the same time, racism is also learned through experiences, cultural norms, and exposure to certain ideas and beliefs. Racism can be perpetuated and reinforced by social and cultural institutions, making it important to challenge and change these norms to create a more inclusive and equitable society.
Every student wants the best grades and that’s our Focus
Our service prioritizes recruiting the most talented writers at an affordable cost. We facilitate the lowest possible pricing without compromising the quality of our services. Our costs are student friendly and competitive in comparison to other writing services in the industry.
The service guarantees that our final work is 100% original and plagiarism-free, ensuring this through a thorough scan of every draft copy using advanced plagiarism detection software before releasing it to be delivered to our valued customers.
When you decide to place an order with Nursing Assignment Answers, here is what happens: